My gratitude lists fill a journal, so this is just a small sampling of the thanks and appreciation for all the good and great people in my life and work:
- Thanks to Dannie, my sweet brown dog, who encourages me to take a break and get outside and walk every day. And to Louie who reminds me of the value of stopping by a front porch for a few minutes.
- I’m very grateful to Mark, who loves and supports and encourages me – and often brings me fresh fruit!
- I’m so grateful for S. Mitra Kalita, who invited me to write for Quartz and gives me room to write quirky and surprising stories. And I’m grateful to Maryann Haggerty for her faith in me and her no nonsense yet creative approach to editing.
- I appreciate the support and friendship of other freelancers and writers, including Grace, Bertie, Stephanie and Maureen. They make this lonely work a lot warmer.
- I so appreciate Michelle Hooks, my researcher, for her instrumental role in helping create this website. Her coding abilities came shining through.
- I’m thankful to John Hilton and Eve Silberman at the Ann Arbor Observer, who have been amazing supporters of my career and work and even gave me office space for a couple of years. (Also to Michael Betzold who introduced me to the Observer.)
- Many thanks to those who have chosen me to be their writing coach or their career / creativity coach. I’m honored to collaborate with you.
- Thank you to MorgueFile for the great photo library that I use often on WorkingKind and also to Bea and her friends through Europe for BigFoto.com and other free photo sites that show up.
Credits: The colorful two girls photo in the Vickie Elmer logo is © Elissa Brown.